The third table we went to was called "handcrafted robin". We had no idea what that might involve and having done it, I'm not sure what I'd call it! I didn't think to take any process photos, which would have been useful.
We were given a wood blank the shape of the whole robin. It had holes drilled in it. The and back are also a wood blank. The red breast is acrylic. We simply had to hand stitch the various elements together.
We then glued a piece of leather to the back to hide the messy stitching. I had some time left at the end so I played with some other small blanks the tutor had for jewellery making, but I can't find them now, I might have left them behind.
This was interesting to do, but it was just like doing a kit as everything was pre-cut. It would be interesting to make my own, if I were into cutting wood and acrylic that is! Mind you, I do have a dremel or two...
Next up: Mono printing