Thursday 11 August 2016

heart chalk board

I took a little accidental blog break there, I didn't have a free minute to write any posts, but what have I been doing?  I don't know!  This summer is just flying by and leaving me in its wake.  On my last trip to Hobbycrafts at the NEC, I bought an MDF heart set, the two hearts below cost £2, in total, not each!



As you can see, I started painting and forgot to take a before picture.  I painted the outer heart in blue chalk paint, which is just beautiful to work with.  Then I painted the "behind" heart with chalkboard paint.  I then glued to top to the bottom.



I don't know what the two holes at the bottom are for, perhaps they are the reason this was only £2?  I haven't quite finished it, I think it needs decorating to within an inch of its life and I'm wondering about paper flowers...  any ideas?

Edited to add: the bottom holes are only on the frame piece, they are not on the solid heart so you can't screw through them or hang anything on them

8 comments:

Kerryp77 said...

Looks fab a Wendy, wonder if the two holes are to hang another below. Paper flowers sounds good, looking forward to seeing what you come up with

Marly said...

Very elegant! Maybe the lower holes are to hang something from: a mobile, wind chimes, hooks for coats (very small and light!); but probably to screw it more securely to the wall or door. Take your pick!

France Nadeau ❅ inspiration imagination creation said...

Flower paper would be nice. It looks very beautiful as it is, though! And what a great idea to use chalkboard paint!
I think that the two holes in the bottom are there to attach an other heart so it hangs under this one...

D1-D2 said...

Those holes are puzzling. Why not try making flowers from fabric instead of paper?

Rachel said...

I wonder whether it is for hooking a name tag into? It would be a bit fragile, but not so much if there was some decoration over the top to hold it in place...

Jane said...

I like the idea of making it a chalkboard, love the colour too

Sarah in Stitches said...

This is so pretty! Great job :D

Celtic Thistle said...

How bizarre Wendy! Paper flowers and the odd sprinkling of pearls sounds like the way to go :)