Monday 22 May 2017

speed craft part 2

So it appears I haven't posted in nearly 2 weeks!  Do you want to know why?  I completely forgot!  Oh dear, I hope this isn't a slippery slide into old age....

In my last post I told you about the first half of the day at Speed Craft, you can read it here if you are so inclined.  I went with the lovely Jane from Loopy's Place.



Our fourth activity of the day was with Katie Almond, an incredibly talented ceramics designer who I've taken several workshops with.  I had a bit of a wobble when she asked if I'd left mum at home as mum usually accompanied me...  But I powered on and got on with the job at hand, the hanging plaque above.  This is the piece in wet clay and painted with the glazes.  I'll show you the finished item when it comes back from its firing.  I felt like doing a house in a heart to represent my renewed love for my lovely old Victorian house.



The last activity of the day for us was lino cutting and printing.  I've done lino cutting a couple of times now, having taken a class or two a while ago.  I decided to represent my current lifestyle and cut out a bottle (of vodka, I don't like wine!) and a cocktail glass.  I drew both freehand so they're a little rough around the edges.



We used the finished stamps with ink brayered onto tiles rather than ink pads as I've done in the past.  I printed on some book pages and we used the results to make a little collage.  Sums me up rather well!



10 comments:

Bethany said...

I've been forgetting more and more, too, haha, but I haven't been making much to share. Usually I get reminded by my sister or my asking "When are you going to write something?"

Kerryp77 said...

Love how you have done the textured white bit in the plaque. Well done on surviving the wobble to produce a lovely piece of work.

Rachel said...

Love your lino prints - they look like fun! And your home-within-a-heart is charming - well done!

Jane said...

love what you did with your lino print. Have you finished the mosaic yet?

margaret said...

once again lots of creativity, it must have been hard for you without Mum so god Jane was there. saw Lis the other day and yes she met you at the bag making weekend, small world.

Christine B said...

Loving these projects Wendy! Enjoy your cocktails!! Christine x

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

I'm with you on the forgetting part... the days are going by so quickly this month. Very cool speed project! xx

dutchcomfort said...

I love those lino prints!

Anonymous said...

Too sunny to sit at the computer! Lovely range of crafts and you managed to get so much done each time!

Sarah in Stitches said...

Very cool crafts! :D