Monday 20 November 2017

Spicier blanket... again


After proudly telling you about the blanket I'd started whilst broken-armed, I went home, prepared to work on it more and discovered something...


See that?  It's wavy.  Frilly even.  I have no idea how that happened, I'd been carefully checking it as I went along to make sure this didn't happen!


After ripping back a couple of rows, I realised that it starts a long way down, see the picture above...  I'm not ripping all that back, it's a blanket after all, not a work of art.  I'll try and crochet the next rows a bit tighter and use a DK yarn, maybe I can switch to my DK stash instead...

I blame old age.  I turned 40 just over a week ago.  I had the best weekend ever and I got the most fantastic present - a kiln!  Probably not the best timing as I'm also renovating the dining room where it will live, and I need to get some supplies, but hold tight for some kiln experiments coming soon!

7 comments:

Rachel said...

It's rather easy to have this sort of thing happen. I'm sure you'll pull it back into line!

Anonymous said...

Wait until you get to 50 - the waves will become tsunamis!

Jane said...

oops. Stick a border on afterwards, it covers a multitude of sins :) what a great gift to get too

Anonymous said...

Wow, a kiln - that is really exciting! Looking forward to seeing what comes out of it.

mdgtjulie said...

Ooooooh, a KILN!!! Awesome. Hopefully, you'll make beautiful things with it. I love the way your blanket looks, and I would probably like it frilly, lol. Sorry it did something you didn't want it to do though. Perhaps it'll behave better from now on. Hope your arm is doing much better too!!!

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

I thought it was my fault... don't unpick... it will still be a nice blanket!! xx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely blanket, the waviness looks deliberate to me!
A kiln is a fantastic present, hope you get to use it a lot.